Passwords get forgotten. Passwords get compromised. Passwords get old.
Whether you need to change your password whilst logged in to NetSuite, need to reset your password because you’ve forgotten it or need an Administrator to change it from their end, we have you covered.
In this article we will cover every scenario of how to change password in NetSuite.
Change Your Password Within NetSuite
If your password is soon going to expire soon, you might want to proactively update it before you are forced to.
Your team may operate an internal password policy that requires you to update your password more regularly than NetSuite.
Whatever the reason, it is useful to be able to easily update your password whenever you wish.
If you are logged in to NetSuite and you want to change your current password rather than reset it, you can follow these steps.
- Log in to NetSuite in any of your assigned roles.
- Locate the Settings portlet on your Home Dashboard – Settings is a sticky portlet which means it cannot be removed. No matter the role or permissions, you will have access to this portlet.
- Click Change Password.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password twice as indicated.
- Click Save on the Change Password page.
Your NetSuite log in password has now been updated.
How to Reset Your Forgotten NetSuite Password
If you have forgotten your password you are going to struggle to log in. The following steps will show you how to reset your password from the log In page.
- Navigate to system.netsuite.com .
- Click Forgot Your Password.
- Enter the email address you use to log in to NetSuite and click Continue.
- An email will be sent to you with instructions on how to reset your password.
- Follow the link in the email..
|If you do not receive an email check your email address is correct. If it is correct, contact your account administrator.
- Answer the security questions when prompted.
- Enter a new password twice and click Save.
It is not uncommon for users to forget the answers to their security questions. This will of course prevent them from being able to reset their password using this method. It is best to regularly review or update your security question answers to ensure you are able to reset your password when you really need to. This article shows you how to update your security questions from within NetSuite.
Reset a Users Password as a NetSuite Administrator
If a user is having difficulty resetting their own password, remember that you can do this for them on the employee record using the Administrator role. Below you will learn how to set a temporary password for any employee in a system for which you are an Administrator.
- Log in to NetSuite using an Administrator role.
- Navigate to the target employees record.
- Edit the record and find the Access tab.
- Check the Manually Assign or Change Password checkbox.
- Enter a new temporary Password twice.
- Check the Require Password Change On Next Login checkbox.
- Save the employee record.
Inform the employee of the new password so they can login. Once logged in they will immediately be prompted to change to a new password of their choosing. This is the affect of selecting the Require Password Change on Next Login button.
If you are struggling to log in with a password you know to be right, you may have the wrong URL. If your business has single sign on set up for NetSuite you will need to use a different log in link and a local password.
What about how to change password in NetSuite if you are a customer? Businesses using NetSuite can grant access to their customers if they wish but they too use a different URL.